Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Library Object not visible in 3D view in different Project

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello everyone

I'm using ArchiCAD 20 Testversion and I am building a part out of a wall and my own GDL cylinder for pipes.
However, when i save the object into a folder so that it is not only in the embedded library, then it is not visible in the 3D view when i try to open the part in a different archicad project...
BUT in the 2D floorplan it is visible...

What do I do wrong? Is it because of the Testversion?

Thank you for your Help

Matthias
5 REPLIES 5
Have You loaded Your folder as an external library?
Otherwise the files You saved there will not be visible in the library.

Best Regards,
Piotr
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Matthias:

If the object is visible in 2d, but not 3D, it could be due to Layer assignment or Renovation Status assignment. Check that these are the same in the 2D and 3D windows.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Piotr wrote:
Have You loaded Your folder as an external library?
Otherwise the files You saved there will not be visible in the library.

Best Regards,
Piotr
Hello Piotr

Thank you for your quick reply. I have saved my object in an external folder. That is what you meant, am I right?
I am able to view and place the object in the 2D floorplan, but then i cant see it in the 3D view...

Kind Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
David wrote:
Matthias:

If the object is visible in 2d, but not 3D, it could be due to Layer assignment or Renovation Status assignment. Check that these are the same in the 2D and 3D windows.

David
Dear David

Thank you for your quick reply. I did some research on the topics you mention. But I am only opening this single object in a new project....
I have nothing else in it and still i cant see it in 3D view...
I have the document filtered for ALL renovation statuses and I view everything in every layer...

Do you have any further ideas or where I could try to find something?

thank you for your effort
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you all. I solved the problem now.
I had to include and update the older GDL parts of my library.
Now everything is working.

thank you