Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Modeling a classic window and door

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

I'm doing a renovation project and am currently modeling the existing state. However, I can't seem to get the window and door to be exactly as I want them to. I have the following issues:

Window:
1) The transom window part of the window needs a vertical division, resulting in a horizontal rod. However, the menu only allows for horizontal divisions... (see image 1 and image 2)
2) Only the central parts of the window should be able to open, not the entire width (divided by two) as is the case now (see image 1)
3) The only way I got where I am now is by using a 'monumental window', which automatically had a double layer, however, the window I'm trying to model is a simple one layer window (see image 3)

Door:
1) The curve of the transom window should start at the bottom of the transom window, rather than a few centimeters up (see image 4)
2) The door part should be divided in a fixed upper part and a turning lower part (see image 4)
3) The transom window needs a radial division (see image 4)

I also attached my current model state and a picture of what I'm trying to model. (image 5 and 6)

Best regards and a happy Easter!
Vincent

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 3:

Image 4:

Image 5:

Image 6:
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello. As these are existing windows and doors, I would go by doing them custom, using slabs and saving them as windows and doors respectively.
There are some things that are a little difficult (or impossible to achieve with the regular windows and door builder of archicad.
Anonymous
Not applicable
arqrivas wrote:
Hello. As these are existing windows and doors, I would go by doing them custom, using slabs and saving them as windows and doors respectively.
There are some things that are a little difficult (or impossible to achieve with the regular windows and door builder of archicad.
Thanks for your reply!
I googled a bit and found this http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/tips/how-to-create-custom-window/ I think that's what you're referring to?
So basically I draw everything from the window manually (also the glass and stuff) and then define it as being a new window, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes, Exactly!!

Just, in case it doesn't say it in that help, you have to do a slab with the opening shape and name it WALLHOLE in the ID. (this is only when you have non rectangular shapes windows or doors.