Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Opening lines visible in 2D but not in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, could you please tell me if there is a possibility to show opening lines on sections but not on 3D view? How to do it?

Also, can I show doors open on my plans and shut on my sections?

Thank you!
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
Malgorzata wrote:
Hi, could you please tell me if there is a possibility to show opening lines on sections but not on 3D view? How to do it?
You don't say what version of Archicad you are using or what library objects (doors/windows) you are using.
It could be done directly in the door/window objects if they were scripted to do this but I don't thing the AUS library doors/windows are - I couldn't see such settings.

But it can be done with Model View Options.
You will need to set up one MVO that shows the opening lines and you save your elevation views (in the View Map) to use this MVO.
Then you need a second MVO that doesn't show the lines.
This one you use for any of your 3D views.

As views in the View Map remember the MVO settings it will all be automatic as you switch between the views.
As you place the views on the layout pages it will all be automatic there as well.

Just remember if you use the Project Map (or keyboard shortcuts) to jump from elevation to 3D you will need to manually change your MVO.

Malgorzata wrote:
Also, can I show doors open on my plans and shut on my sections?
Again it depends on the door object you are using but there should be options in the parameters to do this - see attached image.

Barry.
door_opening_2d_3d.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11