cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Polygon Degeneration

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been cruising along in AC10 for about two weeks now and haven't run into too many issues, until today. I created a D4 Sliding 10 door and placed a W Ribbon 10 window over it to act as a transom. Over that is a W Half Round Fix 10 and that completes the look of the wall. I placed all three elements without any problems and proceeded to slide them around so they lined up. I then started getting this error: "Polygon is degenerated at line 376 in the 3D script of file Casement_Segmented_a_10.gsm". This comes up everytime I change settings, move the element, open the settings menu, select a parameter in the settings menu or click either OK or Cancel. I've ran through all the settings to make sure there were no "0" settings for any parameter. I've also tried ganging the windows and door together and changing the spacing between them. I've searched through ArchiCAD WIKI and this forum, but have not come up with this particular error. The only thing I haven't tried yet is having three seperate walls for each element to sit in. Does anybody have any ideas?
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm now getting this error everytime I open a section/elevation or go into the 3D window. This just started this morning.
Anonymous
Not applicable
When I place windows over each other I place them on separate stories. That way each window can be moved and edited alone.
Good Luck
Anonymous
Not applicable
pilkovskylm wrote:
]"Polygon is degenerated at line 376 in the 3D script of file Casement_Segmented_a_10.gsm".
This is an error within the named macro (a GDL sub-component). Since it is a Casement I assume that the error is occurring in the ribbon window - which must be calling it to make the sashes. Check to make sure that there are not too many sashes for the size of the window. For example, if the overall width of a sash width is not greater than twice the sash frame width the hole were the glass is supposed to be will have a negative dimension(not allowed).

Of course it may be something else, but it makes sense to start with the obvious.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am getting this similar error.
Polygon is degenerated at line 396 in the 3D script of file Casement_Segmented_a_10.gsm".

I seems to happen with our without using the "Ganging" option or not.

It seem to be related to the W Half Round Fix 10 window and the use of Mullions. I am attempting to use the Sunburst 5.

Below is a screen shot produced without the 3D script error. The windows are Ganged (sort-of; the lower windows trim runs wild).
Ganged Window.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is the window I am truing to produce. This has multiple error in the 3D script. "Polygon is degenerated at line 396 in the 3D script of file Casement_Segmented_a_10.gsm".
Ganged Sunburst.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
Here is my attempt at the window not using the Ganging option. the window looks better, but for some reason the wall they are located in does not show in the 3D window.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Even going back to a Non Ganged window with No Mullions in the Half Round window. Missing wall, but no reported Warnings or errors.
Missing Wall.JPG
Anonymous
Not applicable
More obvious missing wall