Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Question About 2D interactive objects

Anonymous
Not applicable
well, here's the thing:
for wall, roof and slab finishes
i'm trying to make some markers like the one in the picture that is just a 2d drawing with some text and a background fill, the real question is how can i make an object out of it with the possibility to change text afterwards (well to change numbers actually), and to remain on the exact same size in all scales (more like layout size in mm, for the text to be always readable)

also it would be awesome if i could enter some information regarding the numbers selected (for core element and for finishes) and to have something very similar to the cadimage planting schedule, which takes info from the objects used (or in this case numbers used)

of course this is only an ideal, but if someone knows how can i make at least the first marker that would be really cool, any ideas?

Captura de pantalla 2011-08-02 a las 11.51.47.png
3 REPLIES 3
Karl Ottenstein
Are you asking for us to teach you GDL, or are you asking in the hope that someone will just create the object for you?

If you want to learn GDL and how to do this, similar questions have been asked and some of us can point you to both the beginning tutorials (DNC's Object Making book, a free PDF) as well as the threads where people have shown how to create labels.

You say for 'wall, roof and slab' finishes - so do you want this object used as an automatic label of those elements, or are you looking for just a simple 2D object with parametric text (which, by the way, cannot be scheduled)?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
well i was asking for guidance in the creation of this element, not for someone to make it for me.
i would like to take a look at this pdf guide you are talking about, and it would be better to know how to make this automatic labels for every element, which i suppose can be scheduled, since you said that just the 2d object and text couldnt.

however, if its not possible, i think the 2d object with parametric text should do the trick for now.

BTW sorry for my english x.x im from mexico you see
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
EikreDoppel,

Here is a link to download the book Karl is referring to: http://www.gscne.com/new/server/documentation/archiCAD/Object_Making.pdf

Also, your english is quite excellent. From your posts, I would not know that it is not your primary language.
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center