cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

ROOM_NUMBER vs. Zone Number

adamrendek
Newcomer
I'm trying to push a (previously set) custom parameter into the ROOM_NUMBER field by adding:

PARAMETERS ROOM_NUMBER = [custom parameter name]

into the Parameter Script of a Zone Stamp object so that I can list library parts belonging to the Zones identified by the custom Zone Numbers. I'd like to use the interactive schedule adding the Zone Number from the General Available Parameters. For some reason the

PARAMETERS ROOM_NUMBER = [custom parameter name]

does not populate the Zone Number field even after re-loading the library and updating the zones. Why is that? Why is the same field named differently? (ROOM_NUMBER vs Zone Number). What is the correct parameter to use to populate the Zone Number field?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

ROOM_NUMBER is a string, is the pushed
parameter a string as well?
adamrendek
Newcomer
Hi Juha,

Yes, the pushed parameter is a string. For some reason the Zone Number fields are empty in the schedule, but when I open the individual zones the Zone Number field displays the correct value.

I'm scheduling library parts and I'd like to get their zone relations captured in the schedule, but I still have trouble with it.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

Interactive schedules are a bit troublesome.

You might try updating the location only
when the context is settings dialog, floor plan or
3D and avoid updating when context is
calculation. This can be done with global
parameter GLOB_CONTEXT.

Check the documentation for values, for example;
settings dialog GLOB_CONTEXT= 1
floor plan GLOB_CONTEXT= 2
3D window GLOB_CONTEXT= 3
calculation / listing GLOB_CONTEXT= 5
adamrendek
Newcomer
So. I turned out that the solution was deleting the Zone Number value manually in the zone settings dialogue. Once I did that, the PARAMETERS command was able to populate the field consistently with whatever I wanted it to.