BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Roof Slope Label USA not working

Andy Melaragno
Booster
I have downloaded the Roof Slope Label USA from the Archiplus site and I cannot get it to work. I loaded it into the library and it shows up as an available menu. When I select the label from the menu there is no preview of the label and when I try to use it on the plan nothing happens. Did I load it incorrectly? I have tried to look for an answer on the form but couldn't find one.
Thanks
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
8 REPLIES 8
Karl Ottenstein
With the Label Tool active, and the Roof Slope label object selected, click OK... and you'll see that your cursor in plan/section/elevation is now a "+" symbol. Move your mouse over a roof element and the element will highlight to alert you that it will be the active element IF you click. With the roof highlighted, click... the roof label will appear.

Just in case you're trying to do this in 3D: Note that you cannot label in 3D (or add any text in 3D either for that matter as in SketchUp). You can, however, create a 3D Document that can be annotated. The Roof Slope label will work there as well.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Andy Melaragno
Booster
Thanks Karl. I tried all your suggestions. While on the roof plan, I get the "+" cursor when I activate the label command with the "Roof Slope Label USA" Selected, When I hover over the roof I cant get the roof to highlight unless I press the "Shift" key, Once it is highlighted I select a point on the roof that is highlighted and nothing happens. After I try that a few times, I will get an arrow head and leader line but no text. Is it possible I installed or imported the label wrong? Could there be any background setting or steps I missed?
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

AC 24 / 25 / 26 USA | Windows 10 Pro | GeForce RTX 2060 Super | 32 GB |Intel i7-8700K @3.70 Ghz
Barry Kelly
Is it anything to do with the geometry placement method of the label - simple or detailed?

Simple is a single click to place.
Detailed requires 3 clicks for arrow, leader, text positions.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Karl Ottenstein
Andy wrote:
Thanks Karl. I tried all your suggestions. While on the roof plan, I get the "+" cursor when I activate the label command with the "Roof Slope Label USA" Selected, When I hover over the roof I cant get the roof to highlight unless I press the "Shift" key, Once it is highlighted I select a point on the roof that is highlighted and nothing happens. After I try that a few times, I will get an arrow head and leader line but no text. Is it possible I installed or imported the label wrong? Could there be any background setting or steps I missed?
I can only get the behavior you describe if something else has already been selected before attempting to label the roof. Tap the Esc key or otherwise assure yourself that nothing is selected, activate the label tool... the + cursor should result in highlighting the element below it.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Andy Melaragno
Booster
Karl and Barry, I did not have "Associative, Independent" Selected for the geometry method and I did not have single click selected either. Once I tried those combinations I got it to work. Thank you both for your answers and replies. I appreciate your time!
-Andy
Andy Melaragno

Columbus, Ohio USA

I have not been able to get this to work properly in AC23. Sections seem to work okay but the plan arrow comes in always pointing to the left and you can't rotate it. (Yes, I have one-click associative labels turned on.)

Anyone else experienced this? Any alternatives that work in AC23? (Seems like other roof slope parts that I have used in the past are also broken in 23.)
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Stress Co_
Advisor
Richard wrote:
I have not been able to get this to work properly in AC23. Sections seem to work okay but the plan arrow comes in always pointing to the left and you can't rotate it. (Yes, I have one-click associative labels turned on.)
Hi Richard:
Does changing the label orientation to "Vertical" work?
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Thanks, Marc! Yes, that does change the orientation of the text and arrow, but it still does not pick up the direction of the direction of the roof automatically. I'm still a little a grumpy that the selection of parameters is so limited. For example, you can't get rid of the annoying word "SLOPE". Frankly, it's a pretty pathetic object for a purportedly "premium" object that you get as a bonus with your ArchiPlus subscription.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Learn and get certified!