cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Roof accessory custom tile

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi all,

i am using the roof surfacer accessory and would like to know if it is possible to use my own tile profile (custom profile maybe?).

i have tried to use the beam tool with a custom profile but i think i could tile the real life roof quicker!

any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable
The roof surfacer object "calls" one of several macro objects
depending on which type of surface you select.
If you want a different type of surface you will need to
write a GDL macro object that has the form you want
then edit the surfacer object to display the new type of surface
and to call your new macro in its scripts.
This is all somewhat tricky so starting with a copy of
one of the existing macro objects that is similar to the
form of the object you want and editing it is recommended.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi Peter,

thanks for the reply. i have only ever needed to create basic objects in AC, and therefore don't know where to start...

how do i see a copy of the macro for the 'normal tile' roof surfacer? am i right in thinking that i can then get this macro to create tiles using my own custom tile object? once i create my own custom tile, how should i save it? and how much of the macro would i have to customise?

if this is too complicated to explain, then don't worry, i will continue to use textures instead as at this stage it is not essential, more something that i would like to be able to do.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Derek,
You don't "see a copy of the macro for the 'normal tile'"
you create one.
You cannot "get this macro to create tiles using my own custom tile object"
you have to write a new macro that makes your custom tile object.

I am afraid it is to complicated to explain.
The issue here is knowledge of GDL scripting which is not easy to
explain in an e-mail.
Peter Devlin
Anonymous
Not applicable
i thought as much. many thanks for your help anyway. i think i shall devote some time to learning some basic GDL as it looks like this is a very necessary skill if i am to get the most out of AC.