BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Rotate rooflight?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,

I have a sky light (see attached image) and currently its slope is following the roof pitch. Although the roof is flat, my understand is that it requires a roof pitch set at 0 degrees.

Is there a way to rotate the sky light 90 Degrees? and move it freely around my flat roof?

Thanks,
Richard

Screen Shot 2012-03-29 at 15.38.57.png
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

there're no way to rotate freely around the roof, because skylights' axis usually are perpendicular to the roof's pivot line.

I advice to model your roof from slab (if its really flat) and use the skylight from the object tool.

regards,
Erika Epstein
Booster
You can rotate the rooof's PIVOT LINE and then the skylight can/will rotate with it.

Flat roofs are never really flat. Give it the slope it will have. Remember, you are creating a virtual model of your building.
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Barry Kelly
You can always place the skylight with the object tool rather than the skylight tool.
You will have to gravitate to roof and cut your own hole but you will be able to rotate it as you want.
It won't be linked to the roof in any way.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!