Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Saving library objects with hot spots

walkinthepark
Participant

Aarkel,

As you can see I am able to save ML20HSD to the folder COLOSSUS OBJECT PLAYGROUND, which is where I want it, but it saves it as a .gsm extension. I'm pretty sure it is NOT supposed to be because when I try to select it to insert the object into my file it can not access that object in that folder. I seem to have made a wrong turn somewhere in the process of adding the hotspots, then LIBRARIES AND OBJECTS, the SAVE SELECTION AS, OBJECT, then selecting the folder I want it to go into. You can see the screenshots I sent to you earlier this week. I researched this dilemma on the Archicad YouTube Channel, but trying to export a .gsm object into another type of folder took me down a whole other rabbit hole I did not feel comfortable with. Can you, or anyone else on this board tell me where I made a wrong turn. I need to get these .gsm objects saved into a folder where I can select them with the Archicad object tool.

1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly

You can save the object in the Embedded Library - but it will only be available for that file.

If you save an object to any folder on your hard drive (or network drive), all you have to do is load that folder as a library in the Library Manager.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11