Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Spiral stair in v. 22 with more than 360 deg. rotation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it possible to create a spiral stair in version 22 that has more than 360 degree rotation?
So Far I've not succeeded to get any close to that.

For example - a "narrow" 900 mm evacuation spiral stair for a story that has a height of 3700 mm and with the height of a riser of around 180 mm.
For that I need 21 risers which I don't seem to be able to achieve within the Archicad 22s stair tool.

And no, I don't consider creating two shorter stairs on the top of each other to be a reasonable option.
3 REPLIES 3
felcunha
Expert
Hello,
Unfortunately it's not possible to do it.

Cheers,
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Felipe, that's what I was afraid of. I was hoping for at least some kind of workaround.

But I can't understand how is it possible that Graphisoft would miss that when totally redesigning from scratch the stair tool. Don't they test their new tools on real projects?

What are we supposed to say to the developer, engineer, manufacturer who all expect a correct BIM model?
Lingwisyer
Guru
I've kept the old stairs and rails from AC20 on hand for situations like this. You cannot associate a AC21+ railing to it though, but they do have the required hotspots to place one.

Ling.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!