cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

Working with GDL objects and materials/textures/colors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everybody,

As a complete newbie to both ArchiCAD and GDL, I am trying to figure how materials work.

I specifically need to create my own materials and/or colors for my objects, and would like it to be part of the object, not the archicad material lib. For now I only need to assign colors, but it is possible that I need to assign textures later on.

A RTFM-link would be good, since I need some basic explanation to how all of this works.

Besides that, I'd like links for other resources on GDL - maybe You know of some reference guide or the likes, that I don't...
5 REPLIES 5
Frank Beister
Advisor
Do you speak a bit the language of your neighbours? See DEFINE_MATERIAL our switch to pure German on the page.
bim author since 1994 | bim manager since 2018 | author of selfGDL.de | openGDL | skewed archicad user hall of fame | author of bim-all-doors.gsm
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I can read and understand the most of it, so thanks! Seems like a really nice reference guide 🙂
Seems like DEFINE_MATERIAL is just the thing I need 🙂

But if there's an english reference guide out there, I'd like to know 😉

- Jeppe
Dwight
Newcomer
That would be the one coming with the USA version, perhaps??
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
jeppe.liisberg wrote:
But if there's an english reference guide out there, I'd like to know 😉
I assume you've looked under the help menu for the GDL Reference Guide. I know it's a bit cryptic but it is (pretty much) all there and (mostly) accurate.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well... I have now! (Dwight also sent me a copy) 🙂

I didn't take a proper look at it yet, but it seems reasonably useful.

Thanks,
- Jeppe