cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. License Manager Tool update is required on Windows. Learn more…
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

error message going into 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been getting these error messages going into 3D views: Parameter error: line 114 file Floor Constr.gsm and Polygon degenerated @ line 133 (and several others) Floor Construction.gsm.

I tried following through on the error report but can't find anything with those line numbers. Also tried isolating the slabs where I thought the error might have been introduced -- but no luck.

I had been trying to do a framing plan for a flat roof, using the slab tool. (I'm using AC9.)
4 REPLIES 4
It sounds like you have a geometry error with one of your slab constructions (possibly along the lines of a self-intersecting shape error or something similar) that's affecting how ArchiCAD calculates the 3D translation of the shape. Or the error might lie with one of any of the other elements that are either intersected or "booleaned" by the offending element.

Either way, if you can't isolate the offending element causing the error ( by hiding everything and regening the 3D window after revealing each one by one) then you might have no choice but to erase and re-draw all the elements that might be causing the problem.

Often times you will find that this kind of error occurs when there's an intesection or interaction between 2 or more elements ( or from the bad shape of asingle element) that results in a geometry shape that ArchiCAD can't correctly or logically translate into 3D. If you know what it is then there usually are solutions and work--arounds.

I'm not sure if that was helpful at all, though.....
Anonymous
Not applicable
This error happened a lot in 9 and was often impossible to solve. I don't seem to get it so much in 10. Just as a possible cure try copying all the slabs (assuming you have checked them and can't find anything immediately wrong). Open a fresh file and paste them into it.

Any luck?
Anonymous
Not applicable
So you were able to find and open the library part but could not find lines 114 nor 133?

The error is presumably from the add-on providing bad parameters to the library part or the part not having proper error checking built-in. This can be a very complex issue. Finding the location of the error within the part won't solve the problem if it is in the add-on.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks, everyone. It was driving me crazy, but I finally figured out I had done something STUPID with an object -- a few hours lost, but a painful lesson learned.