Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

gdl parameter menu

Anonymous
Not applicable
Forgive me this has already been addressed, and if so , please direct me to the correct thread. I am trying to create a symbols library for my various schedules (electrical, mechanical,...etc.) . I am hoping to learn how to create a menu item that will show 3 or 4 options, i.e. existing, new, demo... or in the example of switches, to show in the menu d for dimmer, 3 for 3-way switch, 4 - 4 way switch...
this is (i think) similar to the boolean option of the parameter screen, but more that just an on/off selection. I know how to do on/off or just an keyboard inputs, but I want just to show only the selectable options in the object window.
I know I may need to explain this more clearly, written communication is not my best skill, but any help in this arena would be very much appreciated.
1 REPLY 1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Scott:

A brief overview.

In the Parameters script, you will need a line of code like:
Values "Cond_Type" "new", "existing", "demo"
where Cond_Type is the name of the parameter and the other names in quotes are the text options you want to appear in the parameter pop up list.

Then in the 2D script, you will need conditional statements like:
If Cond_Type="new" then Gosub 10
If Cond_Type="existing" then Gosub 20
If Cond_Type="demo" then Gosub 30

where you can define the appearance of the part in the subroutines called here.

There are other ways to structure options within the code (If/Then statements), choose a method that makes sense to you. Also, if you can find an existing library part that shows options in a way that is similar to what you desire, then use that code, substituting parameter names and subroutines that fit your needs, so you don't end up reinventing the wheel.

Hope this helps.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14