Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Libraries & objects
About Archicad and BIMcloud libraries, their management and migration, objects and other library parts, etc.

text mirrors on floor plan

Anonymous
Not applicable
After placing purlins on my roof story, each to its correct hight on the gable, I mirrored them to the other side of the house. I have 2D script that automatically places an ID and the Length of the purlin on the plan. When I mirror, it flips the text upside down. I was wondering how to keep it from doing this. I'm still pretty new to this and haven't figured it all out yet. Thanks in advance.
RandyC wrote:
you can flip it anyway and text always stays readable.
This is a part of script of your attached object "Shelving.gsm":

If W~>110 and W~<271 Then
ROT2 180
add2 -A,-b
endif

Why for always readable text you use range 110<angle<271? Is this standard for you?

I find this one better readable:
eps=0.0001
IF (W~>90 AND W~<270+eps) THEN
ENDIF
RandyC
Advocate
I tried various combinations including the one that both you and I thought obvious but it didn't seem to work , I did make this part with Version 7 so maybe it was a bug with that Version. ?
When I find time I will try 90 , 270 with Version 9 , anyone interested feel free to change the part anyway you want.
ArchiCAD 4.5 --- 27 , Win 10 , dual monitors, 64 gb ram,Nvidia GeforceRTX 2080 TI, I-9
Anonymous
Not applicable
Randy, It works perfect, I did use 90 instead of 110 but haven't fiddled with it enough to see what difference it makes. I glad it works but I've never been happy with things just "Working" without completely understanding why. If anyone could explain exactly whats taking place I'd apreciate it. Thanks again guys!! I'm sure I'll be back!
Anonymous
Not applicable
As you can see this script allows me to rotate my object in any direction and keeps the text readable. The purlin above was mirrored straight up from the original. The text stays readable but mirrors from left to right. I would like the text to remain the same as the original. It seems like it should be an easy fix but I'm yet to find it. Any ideas???

!PROJECT2 3,270,2

LW=5 1/2"

!!!!!!!!ID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nb=a
If W~>90 and W~<271 Then
ROT2 180
add2 -A,-b
endif

If labl then
DEFINE STYLE "mytext" "ariel", x_B, 1, 0
set style "mytext"
Text2 2", lw+1", x_A

endif
If labl2 then
DEFINE STYLE "mytext1" "ariel", x_B, 1, 0
set style "mytext1"
TEXT2 a-1'-2", lw+1/2", STR ("%0.4ffi",nb)

endif
if ln="Beam Over" then 100:

If labl3 then
DEFINE STYLE "mytext2" "ariel", x_B, 1, 0
set style "mytext2"
TEXT2 (a/2)-2", lw+1", cc

endif
goto 110:
100:
If labl3 then
DEFINE STYLE "mytext3" "ariel", x_B, 1, 0
set style "mytext3"