Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.
SOLVED!

English language license in Japan?

Lisssa
Observer

Dear Graphisoft community, 

I live in Japan and would like to purchase an English language version of Archicad. 

I contacted local representative and they told me there's no such option in Japan (i believe this means Japanese billing address). 

I find this a bit odd and would like to know if anyone has similar experience. Could the option be just to change billing address and pay with US or EU credit card? 

Any suggestions welcome:) thank you

11 REPLIES 11
rod 2030
Participant

HI Lissa

I have UK International Licences for re sale as I am closing my practice. They are Version 26 perpetual licences available as dongles. if you are interested in getting more details send me a private message or contact me directly on rod@2030architects.co.uk

@rod 2030 wrote:

HI Lissa

I have UK International Licences for re sale as I am closing my practice. They are Version 26 perpetual licences available as dongles. if you are interested in getting more details send me a private message or contact me directly on rod@2030architects.co.uk

@Lisssa ,

If you do take up Rod's offer of a foreign version 26 license, and you are want to upgrade it to 27+, please check with your local distributor if you can transfer the license to your name and then continue to upgrade through the Japanese distributor - there will be fees involved.

If they won't do that then check with the UK distributor that Rod uses and see if you can transfer to you name and have them provide upgrades - again this will cost.

If you do by a used license from another person, you must do you own due diligence to make sure you can transfer/upgrade it in the future, unless you are happy to never upgrade and stick with version 26.

Make sure you take into consideration any transfer fees and upgrade costs when negotiating with a private seller.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11