Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Layer reset problem??

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

I have been having some issues with the layering on my sections.
I create a section with a certain layer arrangement, while in the section I might want to turn a layer on (for dims etc.) but when I leave the section to edit the floor plan for instance, and go back the section it will revert to the original layer arrangement. It's very frustrating and I'm sure there must be a procedure to getting the layer arrangement to stick, without having to drag over a new section from the project map etc.

Have a great day

tony
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
MaD Tony,

Sounds like you are getting to your section from the Project Map.

When you have your section the way you want it (Layer combinations, Model View Options, scale etc) save the view to your View Map in navigator. Use this view to return to your section and these settings will be retained, no matter what you have done in between.
Anonymous
Not applicable
OK thanks Stuart,
So there is no way of turning on a layer in either project map or view map and that layer change be reflected in my layout book as a permanent change?

I have make the change in the view map and drag a new view onto the Layout for a permanent layer change to stick, as it were?

It just seems a bit of a process just to turn on a layer in the Layout Book?

Oh well

Barry Kelly
MaX_MaD wrote:
OK thanks Stuart,
So there is no way of turning on a layer in either project map or view map and that layer change be reflected in my layout book as a permanent change?

I have make the change in the view map and drag a new view onto the Layout for a permanent layer change to stick, as it were?

It just seems a bit of a process just to turn on a layer in the Layout Book?

Oh well

The views in your view map should be saved using layer combinations and not custom layers.
These views are what you place in the layouts as drawings.

You can update the layer combinations at any time to include/exclude new layers.

As soon as this is done the view is instantly updated and hence the layout as well - no need to create new veiws or add new drawings to the layouts.

Also you can update the settings of a view to change the layer combination being used at any time and again the layout will update instantly.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11