BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

One of my prosjekts

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this good?
I´we learned Archicad on my own, bought a few studentbooks and mostly tried out..

First time with real bakground..

Pleace comment? I try to be better

Pic
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
yeah look pretty cool! whats the external cladding,,,, mabey refine that a bit,,,,, and in complex profiles you can make gutters for roads and lane way line......i build it ill in one go, so when you draw a wall from the complex profile it draws the road the gutter and the laneway marker all in one go,,,,,,,,
Anonymous
Not applicable
The winter-bare trees and snowbank on the left contrast nicely with the green trees and grass on the right. Might want to do a little more continuity checking...
Anonymous
Not applicable
absollutly agree!
Thanks for commet..

How advanced are other students i archi?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Looks pretty good so far!

A couple of texture-based suggestions to start with.

- Find a larger texture with a greater sample of bricks to use on the walls. This will help reduce the repeated 'tiling' effect you get with a smaller texture.

- Try using the 'align 3d texture' function (in the design menu) to rotate the textures on the paving around the building so they go in the same direction as the slabs.

Also, you may find a little bit more ambient light (the skyobject library part) will help illuminate the shadowed side of the building more realisticly.

If you get a chance, try to have a play with Artlantis. I believe it's cheap or even free to students, and it offers far more realistic lighting with even less work!

http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=buy/ipartners/index&id_pays=117

Hope that's useful to you,

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks!

Larger texture? Download some? It´s not allot of samples in my student version.

Try using the 'align 3d texture' function I Will

And Artlantis is free for students! I am trying, but have problems with to big texture.. hm?

Peter wrote:
Looks pretty good so far!

A couple of texture-based suggestions to start with.

- Find a larger texture with a greater sample of bricks to use on the walls. This will help reduce the repeated 'tiling' effect you get with a smaller texture.

- Try using the 'align 3d texture' function (in the design menu) to rotate the textures on the paving around the building so they go in the same direction as the slabs.

Also, you may find a little bit more ambient light (the skyobject library part) will help illuminate the shadowed side of the building more realisticly.

If you get a chance, try to have a play with Artlantis. I believe it's cheap or even free to students, and it offers far more realistic lighting with even less work!

http://www.artlantis.com/index.php?page=buy/ipartners/index&id_pays=117

Hope that's useful to you,

Good luck!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yep, it';s not too bad..
Things I might change would be.

Loose the person walking.. modelled people genarally look rubbish..
I'm not sure it's s good idea to have so much of the building in shade.. unless it's a sun study of course.. it doesn't sell the design!!
the tiled mapping looks a bit naff as has already been stated. Someone posted a great little app that created brickwork maps as big as you could want them.. you might need to do some exhaustive searching through the forum to find them... but it's here .. somewhere.. .

remeber that the rendering engine is limited.. you will never get the same results that can be acheived from Vray, maxwell or artlantis.
If you serious about the results you want, maybe look into artlantis, as vray will require getting to grips with either cinema 4d or my favourite 3dstudio max..

keep it up..
Learn and get certified!

Didn't find the answer?

Check other topics in this Forum

Back to Forum

Read the latest accepted solutions!

Accepted Solutions

Start a new conversation!