BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Problem getting full license

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I am new to this forum, and about a week and a half ago I got a new Mac Book Pro that I will be using in school, I downloaded archicad 10, but my problem is that there is no pop-up telling me that i need to do the second step to get my one-year permit. I have looked on archicad's website and can find no contact address. If anyone has had this problem or knows of a solution please help.
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
You should be using ArchiCAD 11 now anyway:

https://eduregistration.graphisoft.com/

Make sure you give a valid e-mail, and that your spam filter does not block it, since your temporary license ID will be sent by e-mail, according to the site above. Make sure you allow cookies, as indicated on that page.

There is a PDF on the page above the gives step by step instructions for registering and downloading. Please post if following those steps does not lead to success. 😉

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
I got the temporary serial number just fine, and archicad is downloaded and installed, but it is the permanent (1 year) license that I am worried about. According to the instruction document everytime archicad is loaded a message box prompting you to fully register archicad is supposed to appear, for some reason mine does not. My problem is that I do not know how to complete the second step without that pop-up box, and I have only a little over two weeks to complete my registration. Also should I post this in the new user/new installation thread?
Karl Ottenstein
Oh. No, this is the correct thread, as your issue is unique to the student license.

Karl

[Edited: deleted message body in favor of Andor Szoke's response.]
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
AndorSzoke
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Don,

When you installed ArchiCAD there were three options

ArchiCAD 11 Commercial License
ArchiCAD 11 Educational License
ArchiCAD 11 Trial License

You first installed it as Trial License. Now you have to uninstall it and then you have to install it as an Educational one. Please note that unfortunately you will not be able to convert your files made with the trial version to any other version.

Best regards,
AndorSzőke
Product Management
GRAPHISOFT SE
Follow us on Twitter
GRAPHISOFT HelpCenter - the ArchiCAD knowledge base
Learn and get certified!