Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

SSA 2024 COST INCREASE?

Fritz T
Booster

Good morning all.

I would like to ask comment from SSA users in other international locations on if they have been advised of an increase in monthly SSA cost for 2024? 

SSA subscribers in South Africa have been advised of a cost increase for 2024 that equates to 21% over the previous year, and I believe it excessive and out of proportion to previous years.

The local AC Graphisoft licensee claims this increase was brought about by Graphisoft, so this just to query that. 

please assist? 

AC 6, through 27

iMac 27' 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

500GB OS X12.7.3 Monterey
28 REPLIES 28
Jp1138
Expert

In our case, the yearly SSA price went up a 35% from 2022 to 2023... We are in Spain.

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10
rdo
Contributor

We in New Zealand just got hit with 96% in 2024 and like you, I believe it is excessive. It will hurt small and solo Architecture firms. 

Evidently, the increase is on pace with recent archicad development of features along with the solution of past problems.  Nothing to be angry about 

Fritz T
Booster

So in your opinion it goes to "recent archicad development of features" and "solution of past problems".

In the first instance, the question to be asked then, will the additional improvements equate to a similar ROI on design speed and documentation solutions, not yet in use? What could these be?

In terms of "solution of past problems", I think it a simple and reasonable expectation that a product should work as promised. If not it implies an oversight by the development team that should be resolved as part of the existing purchase. Why should you pay for it twice? 

As with any other expense, it would be a reasonable expectation that annual increases on business expenses can be expected to be in line with inflation, exchange rate fluctuations, etc. and one can plan accordingly, especially for a practice with multiple licenses. In our case this should be no more than 5-6% pa.  Eurozone inflation rate is even less, maybe 2 - 2,5%. 

96% is crazy! I'm not up to date with NZ/Euro currency exchange rates, and local inflation seems to be similar to that of SA, but I can imagine it not to fluctuate wildly, also maybe warranting no more than a 5-6% increase?

AC 6, through 27

iMac 27' 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

500GB OS X12.7.3 Monterey
Jp1138
Expert

They are raising maintenance price every year so getting a suscription becomes a better deal and we jump off perpetual licenses before they are discontinued. Then, they can begin the rise of suscription prices as there is no other alternative...

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

In business, and in the field of technology, there's always an alternative.

Martin Luther Jules
AC 10-27 (Full)
Asus | 64 GB RAM | Windows 11

Of course. But companies count on the investment already made will keep most of their current customers tied to their solutions. Their asumptions may be proven wrong, though...

ARCHICAD 27 SPA
Windows 10

It was a little joke man, but thanks for all the useful data!

If anything, they should be paying US for having to put up with so much indolence for the last 5 years. 

MASz
Enthusiast

Yes, hit by the price increase in Australia. I have raised a complaint about it.

It would be more palatable if Archicad 27 were actually usable and there were actual plans to fix the core problems. As it stands, the 2d drawing infrastructure is broken and unusable, the 3d window performance is broken and unusable, Graphisoft comes up with excuses why they should not improve core features such as IFC interoperability and their developers are very unwilling to address bugs. I am very skeptical the situation will be any better in Archicad 28, not that I should have to wait for a whole new version to have functional software.

Therefore, I would like to see the justification for why Graphisoft should raise the price of subscription. Just because everyone else is doing it?

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display