Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

SSA 2024 COST INCREASE?

Fritz T
Booster

Good morning all.

I would like to ask comment from SSA users in other international locations on if they have been advised of an increase in monthly SSA cost for 2024? 

SSA subscribers in South Africa have been advised of a cost increase for 2024 that equates to 21% over the previous year, and I believe it excessive and out of proportion to previous years.

The local AC Graphisoft licensee claims this increase was brought about by Graphisoft, so this just to query that. 

please assist? 

AC 6, through 27

iMac 27' 3,1 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5

500GB OS X12.7.3 Monterey
28 REPLIES 28

Yep, I am definitely concerned about the cost of upgrade. I suppose it discourages this approach. It feels like a trap, which I despise. I want to ask the reseller the price on it and see if it's worth it to save the money in the long run.

I'm wondering if this is the same globally and not just in Aus?

AC27 AUS, Windows 11, i9-13900KF, RTX3090, 128GB DDR5, 4k144 display

In the end it depends on what type of work you are mostly doing with your CAD/BIM product. If another product can do that type of work more easily and efficiently, then you have the right to investigate that possibility. If AC is the best fit for you then you will continue to use it.

People talk a lot about Revit but that appears to be more suitable for structural engineering from the little I know about it. I have tested a demo a decade ago but it’s not for me. In my type of work I actually like Vectorworks Architect more than Revit.

Allplan & Bentley are more for infrastructure and AutoCAD Architecture is another option available. You really have to test other options out first before you decide to take them on. And it must be a good fit your office and type of work you do.

Without CI tools I would have kept using Chief Architect but these days I like VWA but AC is slightly better for me at present.

AC8.1 - AC27 AC28TP ARM AUS + CI Tools
Apple Mac Studio M1 Max Chip 10C CPU
24C GPU 7.8TF 32GB RAM OS Sequoia
Lingwisyer
Guru

Currently about AUD 6.5k (discounted) + 2k for one year of SSA to upgrade from 23 to 27, vs about 10k (discounted) + 2k for a new licence. Time to make use of the Indonesian office...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660

Edited: (I have removed those prices from here because the actual current price for SSA in Australia should be confirmed with Central Innovations not by what we read here on this post)

What I knew from last year, was that there are still one step, two step and three step upgrades from older versions of AC. CI offers discounts at various times of the year as well. In calculating our costs we need to compare what it would have cost us if we kept SSA current. That way it should not seem unreasonable when considering upgrading to the newest version with another full year of SSA included.

rdo
Contributor

Good morning,

We've finally received some clarification regarding the pricing update from Central Innovation. The original email, announcing that the price for the Archicad Select Agreement (SSA) and Archicad Select Agreement with Graphisoft Forward (FWD) will increase to NZ$2240 + GST per license per year, starting 1st June 2024, was quite confusing.

To provide more context, we currently hold 12 licenses. Our pricing is based on a scaled subscription fee model, meaning the cost for the second and any subsequent licenses is lower than that of the first. Consequently, the total increase for our 12 licenses is NZ$1061.28. It would be helpful if Central Innovation could communicate such changes more clearly in the future.

MASz
Advocate

I am just wondering where Graphisoft are in this whole discussion?

Hi @rdo, thank you for that clarification so the price increase in NZ will be from the first of June 2024. What it is in Australia will need to be confirmed with CI.

@MASz This is a user to user community, not a means of engaging with Graphisoft.  Various staff do jump in here from time to time, particularly on technical issues, thankfully.  Management comments are rare here... perhaps one every year or two.

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB

Well, according to their Help page:

"We - the Graphisoft team, customers, product enthusiasts and students - are here to share knowledge and help each other."

But in reality, it looks like more what you've said. And a few examples I've seen where staff have jumped in haven't really worked out well. So I can see them engaging less. And on this topic, there probably isn't much Graphisoft can realistically say that would help.

In general, companies feel like they are entitled to increase prices significantly without justification. I am constantly getting emails about every subscription service I increasing their prices. With Archicad though, it is clear that there is a pretty discontent customer base. They haven't even attempted to say anything on any medium about their price increases from what I can see. It's just a big F-U from Graphisoft basically, I think that's how most should take it. Their social media just bleats on as if nothing is wrong. The Archicad AI Visualiser posts basically amount to key dangling in my mind.