BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Licensing
About all sorts of licenses, their management, Graphisoft ID, Graphisoft Store, License Manager Tool, etc.

Trying to open Student Archicad 9 file in Educ.Version 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to open an old Archicad 9 Student version file (pne or pae) in ArchiCad Educational version 14 and it won't recognize the file. Is there something I need to do or convert? Does any one know if I an open a pne or pae file from version 9 in version 14?? Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Eduardo Rolon
Can not be done.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
Can not be done.
Thanks for the response..
follow up question...
is it because it was student version 9 or b/c educational version 14?
Eduardo Rolon
GS changed the procedure for the educational versions (made it free) with AC10 if I remember correctly and removed support for *.PNE or *.PAE. The result is that you cannot open any PNE/PAE file with the new educational versions, if you still have a version of AC09 (even commercial) you can open the file and you can get pdf's, dwg's and possibly 3DS out of it but the data will be unavailable to AC.

HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
ejrolon wrote:
GS changed the procedure for the educational versions (made it free) with AC10 if I remember correctly and removed support for *.PNE or *.PAE. The result is that you cannot open any PNE/PAE file with the new educational versions, if you still have a version of AC09 (even commercial) you can open the file and you can get pdf's, dwg's and possibly 3DS out of it but the data will be unavailable to AC.

HTH
thanks so much for the reply.
Learn and get certified!