BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

3D and construction documents..

Llian
Advocate
Hi,
Just want to get some best practices on how to manage 3D images and construction documentation…
I have found it to be quite cumbersome to do a 3D on the same PLN file especially for high-rise building type of project vs single dwelling home project. Given so many unit types for the different unit configuration, I wonder if separating them into individual MODULE and generating 3D from each module is one the practices. Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Lilian
Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
2 REPLIES 2
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, it's possible to separate apartment units as separate files and make all related to an apartment drawings in separate file.
If the project really big, you can have additional ArchiCAD file, where you store all your layouts only. Better not to do it - because drawings update will work slower than if everything in the same file, but for large projects, especially if they are split into several files - this is an option.
Llian
Advocate
Thank you Podolsky.

It makes sense to have all in one same file.

Lilian Seow
LEED AP | cSBA
Interior-Architecture and BIM Management
AC20 USA | 27- macOS 10.14.6| 4 GHz Intel Core i7| 32 GB RAM | Archicad-user since 1994!
Learn and get certified!