Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC 11 "Trace Reference"

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
I have used AC in about 10 years now and I have been longing for the Reference function. Now it came and it doesn't seem right.
An elevation and a section from the same house and direktion, are not on the same place if I use one as reference. The same with an Xref that is on a worksheet and on a floor. it is placed the same way, even the coordinates are correct, but they are next to eachother not on top. The button "reset reference to default position" creates even more strange position changes. What is wrong?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Did you try the "Drag Reference" button ?
Anonymous
Not applicable
well, yes of course I did, but thanx for the hint 😉 but isn't so:
the refernce must ly exactly under my active window, you know my example with an Xref in Worksheet and the same Xref on a floor. An Xref is placing itself, I supposed they must ly on top of eachother, but thy don't. How can I rely on the placing of an Xref which must be my starting point for building. It is completely unlogical to me.
Any ideas?
Thomas Holm
Booster
An Xref is placing itself
You must place your XREF consciously. It's possible to move it, unless you've locked it's layer (any of it's layers). Decide where you want it relative to your project origin. Turn off Suspend Groups, then select any part of the xref and Drag.

Oh, and turn off Snap to grid, and use hotspots for position coordination.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
The Reference feature does need some work when it comes to placement. I use worksheets to reference DWG backgrounds quite a bit and they place themselves according to some strange relationship between the current zoom of the two windows. I can get the worksheet origin to automatically align with the plan origin if I copy big rectangles to each and zoom extents. Otherwise I always have to move them into alignment. I have never had a problem moving them though (regardless of layer/group settings).
Anonymous
Not applicable
ok now I understand it is an ArchiCAD problem, thank you Mathhew. I can move my references without any problem but normally I shouldn't if it is an Xref. Thanks a lot for the hint with the ractangles, I will try it right now. That seems the only solution right now.

Juliane

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!