BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC20 Minor annoyances

Overall, I like AC20 a lot! However, there are a couple of minor issues that make it very difficult to work.

1) We seem to have lost the 3D line/flat color library previews, and so now all 3D previews are rendered. This makes it very hard to see any detail in a 3D view if the object is white on the white background. Is there any way to get the old-style preview back?

2) I've noticed that sometimes 3D elements like morphs do not show up right away in the 2D view if they were drawn in 3D. Sometimes it takes drawing a similar element in plan, and then all the elements show up. This is probably a bug, but is there any way to overcome this in the meantime?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
60 REPLIES 60
Stress Co_
Advisor
DennisG wrote:
I used to be able to select and mirror text labels (you know, the ones with arrow leaders pointing at things in the 2D drawings). The text box would flip to the other side of the leader arrow, with proper justification.

Since upgrading to 20, the leaders have become "sticky" - I can no longer mirror a note so that the leader comes from the opposite side. The leader stubbornly remains on the original side, while the note justification changes.
The thing I've noticed is.... it matters if the "fixed angle" box is checked (Label selection settings> Text label)
AND whether or not you select the label by the text box (4 nodes) or by points on the arrow (7 nodes)
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.2.1 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Learn and get certified!

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!