Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

AC20 Minor annoyances

Overall, I like AC20 a lot! However, there are a couple of minor issues that make it very difficult to work.

1) We seem to have lost the 3D line/flat color library previews, and so now all 3D previews are rendered. This makes it very hard to see any detail in a 3D view if the object is white on the white background. Is there any way to get the old-style preview back?

2) I've noticed that sometimes 3D elements like morphs do not show up right away in the 2D view if they were drawn in 3D. Sometimes it takes drawing a similar element in plan, and then all the elements show up. This is probably a bug, but is there any way to overcome this in the meantime?
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
60 REPLIES 60
Eduardo Rolon
for #01 you can switch to 2D previews by clicking in the gear icon.
For #02 I'll need to check but probably a bug while the Favs are rebuilt.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Thanks, Eduardo, but I wasn't referring to favorites. I'm talking about the standard dialog box for doors/windows/library parts, and the 3D OpenGL preview there.

The display issue is on the main screen, not favorites.
Richard
Eduardo Rolon
OK, got it. Would have been nice to have the contours for the OpenGL view.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
ejrolon wrote:
for #01 you can switch to 2D previews by clicking in the gear icon.
You can hover your cursor over any Favorite (you don't have to actually select the Favorite, just hover over it) and press the SHIFT key and it will toggle between the 2D and 3D Previews. Just a small something to know.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
laszlonagy wrote:

You can hover your cursor over any Favorite (you don't have to actually select the Favorite, just hover over it) and press the SHIFT key and it will toggle between the 2D and 3D Previews. Just a small something to know.
Interesting, good to know it. Thanks Laszlonagy.
Here is an example of door favorite previews, which look pretty much the same in the preview of the Door preview. Quick, tell me how many panels these doors have... I'm sorry, but this is just worthless. How did this even get through beta?
Previews.jpg
Richard
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Probably because default Doors and Windows in ARCHICAD are Wood and that looks fine in 3D preview.
Nevertheless, I will report this to GRAPHISOFT.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Thank you, Laszlo! Actually, the OOTB surfaces for doors in the USA version is 02-Whitewash (as displayed), so this issue would be hard to miss.
Richard
Jeff Kogut
Booster
Under the 'minor annoyances' category I'd add the Find & Select box. So 'Add' is on the left and it pops up a box on the right, and then everything is collapsed.

Just slower.
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!