Due to a scheduled maintenance, a maximum 20 minutes license delivery outage may be expected on July 6 2024 (Saturday) between 6PM to 8PM (CEST).
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.
SOLVED!

AC24 : Need to apply separate layer settings for each of my layouts linked to the same story.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have setup a few layers settings in the layer book tab but for some reason when I link my drawings to the Home/Grade story in the project map they all revert to one singular layer setting. I am trying to show the same layout just show different layers on each, Ex: Enlarged Site Plan, Roof Plan, Architectural Features Only, etc... For some reason when I link it to a different story like Elevations it'll accept the change in layout combinations but when it is the Home story it changes all layouts linked to that story to the same layout combination selected.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your Drawings are Views defined in the View Map. If you need to change any drawing on your layout, first: go to the View Map > Select your View (Plan, Section, Elevation, etc) > Define its settings > Finally save your changes. Then, all drawings linked to this view will be updated on your layouts. You can also right-click your drawing and select "Open Source View" then do the changes and save the changes by selecting the View (on the View Map) and right-click > "Redefine with current window settings".
Project Maps are used just as a starting point for you to create your own views of your project.
HTH:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Your Drawings are Views defined in the View Map. If you need to change any drawing on your layout, first: go to the View Map > Select your View (Plan, Section, Elevation, etc) > Define its settings > Finally save your changes. Then, all drawings linked to this view will be updated on your layouts. You can also right-click your drawing and select "Open Source View" then do the changes and save the changes by selecting the View (on the View Map) and right-click > "Redefine with current window settings".
Project Maps are used just as a starting point for you to create your own views of your project.
HTH:
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
HTH:
So essentially you set up a View Map Folder and attach a layout combination to be applied to it in the settings, and then you can create a layout linking it to the correct view map folder? Rather than just adjusting each drawings settings? The drawing settings portion that allows you to choose the combination seems a bit pointless then unless you are mass changing multiple layouts but it worked for me so thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am glad it helped.
Another way, is to Select your drawing on your layout > Righ-click > "Modify Source View Settings..." > Edit > ok
Lingwisyer
Guru
That dialogue is just changing the selected Views settings. Each different "drawing" on your Layouts should have it's own View with the relevant settings. Three versions of the same floor plan, three Views.

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win11 | i9 10850K | 64GB | RX6600 Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660
Barry Kelly
I think I explained the process of Project Map (viewpoint) > View Map (views) > Layouts (drawings) pretty clearly in this post.

https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=68874#p306024

It is important to create view of all the drawings that you want to place in a layout.
That way to control the content you just need to adjust the views.
Each view is unique so it won't affect the other views.

In the layouts all you need to be concerned about is the position, cropping and maybe the pen set for display of the drawings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry Kelly wrote:
I think I explained the process of Project Map (viewpoint) > View Map (views) > Layouts (drawings) pretty clearly in this post.
Yes indeed.
I think it would be a good idea to pin this post on top of this section, as this is probably the first issue new users have with AC.