Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ANGLED WALLS

Anonymous
Not applicable
I Have been using Archicad for around 3 years now and am currently working on a site of around 180 houses. I have come across a problem that I know can be done but it is not as easy as what I would like.

For example one of the house types I am working on has a wall that has a slight angle to it of around 3 or 4 degrees. I have tried making the wall as normal then simply cutting it with a roof but it didn't work the way it was meant to and it wouldn't cut the wall at all sometimes. I know I could make the wall as a gdl object but this would take longer than what I would like.

HAS ANYONE ELSE FOUND THIS PROBLEM OR IS THERE A REALLY EASY WAY TO DO THIS???

Would it not have been much easier to have included an option to help with this in the wall tool box that would allow you to have the wall, example,(280 at the top and 300 at the bottom)

This can be done in the wall extras but why is it not easy to add windows directly to it then???

If their is a easier way to do this please let me know or if I am doing something wrong please let me know.

Stephen Kerr

Micheal Rogers Architects
1 REPLY 1
Dwight
Newcomer
reveiw ArchiTALK archives for previous comments:

-- tilted wall object available commercially

-- use SEO from roof planes - my favorite method as all is independently controlled - not "wall trim to roof" method

--- use wall accessory to apply tapered veneer - adding of windows requires refreshing object.
Dwight Atkinson