Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Anybody had any issues with the new build?

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are having some real strangeness here! All of the elevation windows exploded and are not linking properly, and it deleted the keyed notes from the native elevations and superimposed the east keys on all the elevations.......What the?.......Is it the templates (master template, is it the snow leopard operating system or is it archicad?) I suspect it is archicad because everything was working fine yesterday before I installed this build.....Thanks again archicad.....
5 REPLIES 5
Karl Ottenstein
No clue, Shae, but for people to better help: is this a solo project, or are you in TW?

Cheers,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Have you tried reverting to a known good back up?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl and Matt,

I can always count on you two to help out! Well, I am not really sure what is going on, but finding out will be relegated to a side project, as I really need to finish the drawings. Anyway, It is a solo, and I am not sure what you mean by a last known back up. Is there a feature within archiCAD? Man, keeping up with ArchiCAD Or do you mean with our server back up? It was working fine before the build, that is what is crazy, and if I did something I am not sure what it was.....those pesky quick keys.... No really, I wonder if it has something to do with the project structure? We are doing an apartment complex. One file is the Site plan, where we have linked all of the building plans, which are in files by building names, and they have linked in them the files called by the unit plans. Views are saved in the unit plans, and some views are saved in the building plans, which are all linked into the Site plan sheet layouts, which contains the entire project layout. BUT little or no problems there....I am working on the community center, in it's own file, and my elevations views are linked onto the sheets in the site plan file. OH, and one more thing....the buildings and community center are linked directly into the site plan for scheduling purposes....Anything there seem amiss? In the mean time I exited without saving, opened it up before regen copied the keys pasted them in the plan, and drew new S/E windows. It was showing as live linked, but everything was exploded. I guess somehow it got corrupted?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Shae wrote:
I guess somehow it got corrupted?
That was my guess. The file organization sounds fine in principle.

Last good backup is whatever you've got, the BPN if you haven't overwritten it yet. This could be one of the backups if you are using TW, or one of your archived files from your server backups.
Anonymous
Not applicable
oh yes! The .bpn! Now I see what you meant. That won't work, as I am a freak about Command + S. I overwrote it before I realized there was a problem....I was plugging along (pun intended) on the electrical plan, when I realized I didn't want to use the sconce symbol with the elevation text on it, and so I put 3d lamps on the exterior, and was going to dim those on the elevations. When I opened the S/E window, that is when I "what the..." saw the problem. I guess the rascal got corrupted. oh well at least it was relatively easy to remedy.

warm regards,

sj