Choose your top Archicad wishes!

Read more
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Apple M1 Units - I select items and they always want to move

Roderick Anderson
Contributor

Has anybody noticed this also and found a way to make this behaviour go away?

I select any element (either on plan or 3D view) and if I don't wait for 1-2 seconds after selecting the item, the element will always think I want to move it.  Therefore, if I am trying to work quickly and just select the item and then move the mouse over the the Info Box to edit any settings, the settings will be grayed out because the element is in the middle of a move command !

I've been using Archicad since version 10 and this has now been happening on version 26 and 27, but only if I use any of my Apple M1-equipped Macs.   I use a MacBook Pro and a Mac Studio, both of them with the Apple M1 Max chip and they both behave the same.

Does anyone think of any possible setting in the Work Environment that could help with eliminating this behaviour?  It gets kind of tiring trying to quickly select items, but having to wait a couple seconds after selecting a wall, a slab, an object, etc., because if I don't wait then it'll think I want to move the objects.

AC8.1 - AC27 ARM SPA + CI Tools
Apple MacBook Pro M3 Max Chip 16C CPU/ 40C GPU
64GB RAM OS Sonoma 14.3
20 REPLIES 20

@Lingwisyer wrote:

Is there any delay between when you select an entity and it highlighting?

yes. some delay like 1 sec. I assume it is because it takes some time to initiate the "move" command.

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3

@Scraptrash wrote:

How can we raise this as a bug to GRAPHISOFT?

The best way is to contact your local Archicad support.

https://graphisoft.com/contact-us

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

I am regularly reporting the issues raised on the Forums to Graphisoft.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Roderick Anderson
Contributor

@Laszlo Nagy  I can report that last night I used my M3 Max equipped MacBook Pro and I did not notice this behavior at all.  I worked for about 3 hours straight, and the program’s behavior was as I would expect.  It would allow me to select several items by Shift-clicking on them one by one without having to have a pause between each selection.

Quite interesting that the change in chip changes the behavior of the program, but somehow I suspected that this would be the case.

I will keep on testing and if there if any change I’ll report it here.

64GB RAM OS Sonoma 14.3

So I’ll need to upgrade to M3….hold on let me hit the buy button first…😌

MacBook Pro (16 inch, 2021) Apple M1 Max 64GB macOS Monterey Archicad 26 MBP trackpad Logitech Master MX3
Scraptrash
Booster

Would there be any update from GRAPHISOFT? Is there a way to mark “unresolved” in the topic? 

Hi,

same with me - same M1Max, same devices.

OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/
Roderick Anderson
Contributor

As an update on my side:

• Mac Studio M1 Max: Still keeps happening, sometimes more evident than others.  But at each work session with this unit it WILL happen no matter what.
  • MacBook Pro M3 Max: Still has not happened in the work sessions so far.
64GB RAM OS Sonoma 14.3

Hi Roderick,

on my side it is both AC27 and AC26 (INT and Polish language versions). I have the newest macOS Sonoma, but it was happening from the day one for me with Ventura.

OPENBIM does works!
ArchiCAD 22/23/24/25/26/27 INT &POL

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 128GB RAM, GeForce RTX 3070, Windows 11 Pro
MBP 14 M1 Max 10C 32GB
http://www.bimfaktoria.pl/
Msilva
Participant

This has been driving me crazy for like two years. Nice to see more people with the same problem.