BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

ArchiCAD 16 and new HP DesignJet T520 Plotter

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi All,

I am behind the times and am using ArchiCAD v.16, adn have just upgraded my plotter from old to a new HP DesignJet T520. My version of ArchiCAD does not support the driver for this plotter as the driver did not exist at ArchiCAD 16 release and updated releases. Wondering if anyone has met up with this issue and knows how to create a new Printer ID within ArchiCAD with the current printer driver associated within ArchiCAD? Or do I need to bite the proverbial expensive bullet and upgrade ArchiCAD to v.22?
Thanks,

Doug
10 REPLIES 10
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Scott, I just set up a Publish to PDF folder in publisher using the built in PDF conversion. It uses the 'out of the box' settings here (never bothered to look).

We typically need a physical copy printed out the same moment we would publish to PDF, so it's no extra work to publish from ArchiCAD directly to the printer. It also comes with the benefit of setting up publisher folders that can have printer settings (BW/color, paper size etc) so we can print out different sheet sizes and such in one go.

I sort of assume that 0,09 mm pen weight goes through a 300 dpi setting for PDF and ends up being 0,10 mm or something like that. It's something you notice when putting two prints (from ArchiCAD directly v.s. PDF printed) next to eachother. Don't know what makes the printing faster, but I guess ArchiCAD just does a better job processing 'hidden' lines (behind white filles), double lines and such than Acrobat.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Learn and get certified!