Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Archicad 15 new features on youtube.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Here's some youtube clips on Archicad 15 new features.

http://emuarchitects.wordpress.com/2011/05/02/archicad-15-new-features/
181 REPLIES 181
BIMTIM wrote:
Don, what can I say? Wow, I have a fan who follows my posts!! :hug: :kiss: :censored:

I do suppose that honesty is not helpful to ArchiCAD users (or maybe only some?). If you are comfortable reveling in a false sense of security based on mis-education resulting in lies then I am definitely not helpful in the slightest.

I have never claimed to not prefer Revit. I use ArchiCAD on a frequent basis, and can see much merit. I can also see a more balanced view than most. I am going to be demonstrating the ArchiCAD MEP add-on(add-in, plug-in, thingimy) at our local BIM (ArchiCAD) Meeting, based on 9 months of intensive use, which could be considered helpful to the ArchiCAD community. You will notice references (if you did really read all my posts :smooch:) to my finding some simple broken functionality which highlights one of two things.
1. No one actually uses the MEP to model systems... or,
2. ArchiCAD users are too busy complaining about Revit to actually submit useful bug reports (the reseller here confirms that this is often the case). But why would one need to improve their already perfect product.

So, as I don't subscribe to the idea of the 'noble savage' I will not subscribe to either package being better (only better suited to certain tasks) nor that many users of all software packages avoid using ignorance as a weapon to feebly attempt to hide their ineptitude.

Fortunately I parade my ignorance until brave warriors like yourself drag me into the light of enlightenment!

You're a troll.

Plain and simple.

And this is not even the first time you've been called out on your attempts at baiting ArchiCAD users here.

It's one thing for long-time users like myself and others to be hard on on Graphisoft for the long-existing problems we may see in the program since it affects us directly; but it's quite another to have someone like you to see that and take it as an opportunity and open invitation to lob your usual not-too-subtle digs at Graphisoft and ArchiCAD with your usual Revit promoting BS.

As archibaldo correctly pointed out, ArchiCAD users here talk about and complain about ArchiCAD and not Revit and it's for the simple reason that we don't use Revit and we don't care about Revit.

Like I said, this isn't the first time you've been called out on it, and I highly doubt it will be the last.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Bricklyne,

I assure you it will not be the last.

Fortunately I am neither plain nor simple, despite your wild gesticulations!!

As you may realise, trolls regenerate over time, so more flame in the next attack please, this may do more damage to all involved 😉

I must get out of this sunlight.....
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
You're a troll.
Yep. Directly from Hobbiton...
::rk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob wrote:
You're a troll.
I prefer to to gnaw on gruff billy goats! 😉
Stress Co_
Advisor
Rob wrote:
You're a troll.
"Dawn take you and be stone to you!"

And to get back on topic....

I'm looking forward to downloading the demo to see how much faster AC will run in 64 bit.

Also, (after just losing a half hour of my life that autosave didn't ), supersafe autosave sounds like a winner. And no more pauses while the little tractor does it's job (right?).

..and the renovation feature.
Screen shot 2011-05-12 at 11.37.09 PM.png
Marc Corney, Architect
Red Canoe Architecture, P. A.

Mac OS 10.15.7 (Catalina) //// Mac OS 14.5 (Sonoma)
Processor: 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 //// Apple M2 Max
Memory: 48 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 //// 32 GB
Graphics: Radeon Pro 580X 8GB //// 12C CPU, 30C GPU
ArchiCAD 25 (5010 USA Full) //// ArchiCAD 27 (4030 USA Full)
Brett Brown
Advocate
Bricklyne wrote:
ArchiCAD users here talk about and complain about ArchiCAD and not Revit and it's for the simple reason that we don't use Revit and we don't care about Revit.

You can't be serious Bricklyne, first statement you have made that I don't agree with. Your starting to sound like the few Archicad users left who haven't a least played with Revit to see how good it is. And I know you have.

Personally, if I was a new user starting out now and looking for a BIM architectual program for my business, Revit wins hands down.

No addons needed just to get the basics. To just name a few missing in Archicad - Design options, Renovations/alterations, Revision manager, workable Stairs.

Also, for new users, learning resources, 100's of blogs that can teach all the not so obvious things Revit can do. Where's Archicad's? This forum is about the only resource available.

Us long suffering users have finally had the renovations/alterations phase included. How many more versions before the absolute basic things we need are included? For the majority, 11,12,13,and 14 were a waste of the Sub cost. Hence so many users aren't upgrading.

At least with Revit, out of the box, it is useable. In Archicad you need addons from Cadimage, Cigraph and Objective to get anything done. And then put up with there bugs as well as Archicad's

In Revit I can experience the satisfaction of making my own parametric objects the way I want, very easily. I don't have to wait for, pay for, and know GDL to get the same object in Archicad.

As for 15, what sort of Company puts out new Video's of it's new features and then for its major feature leaves as hanging?

Just my 2 cents worth, and I live in the real world
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Personally, if I was a new user starting out now and looking for a BIM architectual program for my business, Revit wins hands down.
That depends. I was looking at options for my business and guess what - ArchiCAD wins hands down.. Statements of this kind are silly...
Anyway being on Mac I can't see any advantage of Revit because guess what? It does not work on OSX!

I can't talk openly about names here but a few big companies in Australia had to switch to ArchiCAD for Revit's inability to handle big projects as its connectivity via internet requires serious hardware and software boosting done by other parties. I am talking about a lot of money to get Revit working at the level that barely touches ArchiCAD's performance in Teamwork. For me this is fundamental because even I am a part of a small business Teamwork brought us flexibility and speed in terms of resources and production.

You can do just fine with stairs, objects and so on. Yes it is not ideal but hey what is in Revit?!
As for 15, what sort of Company puts out new Video's of it's new features and then for its major feature leaves as hanging?
You are really pathetic .. what kind of company it is... oh my lord! pull your finger out and get a life mate.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Rob wrote:
You are really pathetic .. what kind of company it is... oh my lord! pull your finger out and get a life mate.
I won't lower myself to your level Rob. Insulting me shows the true value of your opinions
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
Rob
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
I won't lower myself to your level Rob. Insulting me shows the true value of your opinions
you're welcomed.
mixing emotions and facts in your post does not really create a value of a solid opinion either.
alemanda
Advocate
blobmeister wrote:
sinceV6 wrote:
blobmeister wrote:
GDL is equivalent to Revit's API. So it's as GDL. All of those top notch architects use the API instead of the OOTB family editor.
Not exactly. AC has a separate API. The one that gets you those add-ons and extensions. The GDL scripting enviroment in AC is the equivalent to Revit's OOTB family editor.

Those top notch architects use the API to extend functionality when the software can do what they need, but not OOTB.

Well, i guess then that Archicad is far better then Revit. We should all be happy for using the best software and pity the Revit users.

I'm sounding a bit sarcastic here, but i can't imagine GDL knocking out a curtain system as the sample file by using a few simple C# lines as Revit's API.

GridNode gn = new GridNode();

int u = 0;
while( u < ds.NumberOfUGridlines )
{
gn.UIndex = u;

int v = 0;
while( v < ds.NumberOfVGridlines )
{
gn.VIndex = v;

if( ds.IsSeedNode( gn ) )
{
FamilyInstance fi
= ds.GetTileFamilyInstance( gn, 0 );

if( fi != null )
{
// implement logic here with each tile,
// for example change the type to glazing

fi.Symbol = pFamilySymbol.glazed;
}
}
v = v + 1;
}
u = u + 1;
}
GDL is MUCH EASIER!
AC27 latest hotfix

Win 10 Pro 64bit

Double XEON 14 CORES (tot 28 physical cores)

32GB RAM - SSD 256GB - Nvidia Quadro K620

Display DELL 25'' 2560x1440

www.almadw.it