Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Bad Base

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm trying to use the wall accessories to place a simple base on my walls for a interior view. When placing the base it extends past the corner of the wall and even notches the corner of my walls. Is this workable or is the accessories just buggy?

Bad Base.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Stephen Dolbee
Booster
Millard,

My bases clean up fine. Walls do appear notched, though. I think this is the wall panel not cleaning up properly. If I set wall panel thickness to "0" it looks fine. I think this accessory is buggy-has potential, though.

Steve
AC19(9001), 27" iMac i7, 12 gb ram, ATI Radeon HD 4850 512mb, OS 10.12.6
Djordje
Virtuoso
Millard wrote:
I'm trying to use the wall accessories to place a simple base on my walls for a interior view. When placing the base it extends past the corner of the wall and even notches the corner of my walls. Is this workable or is the accessories just buggy?
Are the walls joining properly?
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
The walls join correctly; I figured out that the notch in the corner of the wall is the wainscot panel not meeting the actual corner of the wall. Could this have to do with composites? I have created office standard composites and the core of the wall is just the stud lines without the gypsum sheathing. This appears to be the amount of the offset for the wainscot paneling. Still no idea about what is happening with the base, which is what I need to be correct. Oh well, maybe I'll have to resort to placing the base manually on the walls.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Millard wrote:
Millard,
The "workable" answer is...its buggy at best. Instead of placing this trim with the wall accesories try placing it in a room accesory - you'll need to have a zone in the room to do this. The corners will clean up properly if you do it this way.

I don't understand why it works with the room accesory and not as a wall accesory though...they both use the same "Moldings and Panel.gsm"

Can someone at graphisoft please comment on this?

Thanks,
Dan K