cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Beam Display in Section Cut

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone found a means to display an "X" through a beam when the beam is cut in a section view? This is a very common means of displaying structural members in section view in the US. Currently I need to add these to my section drawings which is time consuming and will not update as the model changes. Thanks for any advice in this area.
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Two ways:

1. Use a library part that includes that function instead of the beam tool.

2. Make a complex profile for the beam tool using two matching fills with different names to make the X (so that they don't clean up automatically in section).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the work around. Hopefully this basic functionality will be added to the beam tool. The custom profile might be an option. I will have to play around to make sure I can get a heavier line on the exterior and hairlines as the "x". I tend to prefer the Beam tool over library parts because I find it quicker to edit using some of the basic editing commands (intersect, split etc.). Thanks again for the ideas.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Mike wrote:
I will have to play around to make sure I can get a heavier line on the exterior and hairlines as the "x".
You can control the pen and material (and linetype I think) of each edge individually. Click the edge and chose the odd "C" shaped icon in the pet palette.