Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't get SECTION/ELEVATION to appear

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am new to Archicad and have never used it for a project before.
I don't know if this problem is just this file or if it will be a problem on
future projects as well. When I select North, East, or West Elevation in the Navigator-Project Map box, my model doesn't appear. All I see are some pink lines marking where the different floors should be. Also, I tried opening the 3D Cutting Planes box and I know that the model should show up in the upper left section, but there is no model showing up there either. These are the only ways I know of to get a section/elevation of my project. Please help...

Thanks,

Tess
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The elevations are defined by the markers in the plan view. Make sure your building is within their extents.
Anonymous
Not applicable
there is an option in the section/elevation properties, the horizontal and vertical range. make sure that both are set to infinite.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you so much on the 2D elevation views. But what about the 3D sections? I would like to cut off some floors and look down at the model in 3D or cut through some walls and look into the section in 3D. I have tried going to the 3D cutting planes and my model will not appear in the 3 views for me to select where the cuts will be. What can I adjust to get the model to show up there? Thanks.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tess wrote:
But what about the 3D sections? I would like to cut off some floors and look down at the model in 3D or cut through some walls and look into the section in 3D.
to see some parts of your model in 3d you need the marquee tool (selection tool). it has two options. the white one and the black one. you can use it to create an area with a rectangle a rectangle with a specific angle or free hand (construction methods). the white one shows in 3d everything in your selection only in your current storey. the black one shows in 3d everything in your selection in all stories.
i dont know the way to see for a example only the first three floors. and im not using 3d cutting planes at all. so maybe someone will help you more
Djordje
Ace
You can also choose what to show in 3D - stories one to five, for example, and then emply the marquee too.

And, also, combine with the cutting planes ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!