cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't get roof cover fill to show

Bill
Contributor
Hello,

I can't get roofs to show their cover fills.

They are set to Projected With Overhead... the Cover Fill is turned on... there are no Graphical Overrides which turn them off... the Model View Options don't really control this anymore (correct?)... the Renovation Filter isn't impacting it...

Any thoughts as to what I am missing?

Thanks!

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Bill:

Check the Floor Plan Cut Plane, I think it needs to be above the top of the Roof (otherwise the Roof will be cut). If you change the display to Outlines, the FPCP is not an issue.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Bill
Contributor
I think you're probably onto something Dave, thanks for the response.

My issue with that is I am trying to show a sloped ceiling in an RCP, so I can't pull the FPCP way high because then it won't show the walls correctly (and I can't just change them all to symbolic cut, either...).

Maybe I am stuck having to add a graphic fill..
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
Bill,
AFAIK, if the roof is above the FPCP, the ONLY way to get a fill to show is if the roof display is set to "Outline." (I've never really understood the logic for this.) You can then set the display of cover fills through MVO on a view-by-view basis.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Raywill
Participant
Hi, I am fairly new to ArchiCAD.

I have a problem that is opposite to this post.
In the Renovation filter "Planned Status" the existing roof cover fill is turned off in Elevations, leaving the new part of the roof to show cover fills, but using all the same settings on the roof plan view the cover fill for the existing part of the roof are still showing.
Is there a way to turn off the cover fills for the existing part of the roof in the Roof plan view?

Ray ...
AC19, 20 & 21 Win10 64 bit
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x Nvidia GTX Titan Black - SLI
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors
Raywill wrote:
Hi, I am fairly new to ArchiCAD.

I have a problem that is opposite to this post.
In the Renovation filter "Planned Status" the existing roof cover fill is turned off in Elevations, leaving the new part of the roof to show cover fills, but using all the same settings on the roof plan view the cover fill for the existing part of the roof are still showing.
Is there a way to turn off the cover fills for the existing part of the roof in the Roof plan view?

Ray ...
I believe that cover fills only relate to the plan view. If in elevation, you are talking about a different type of fill. Getting the right combination of MVO and Renovation overrides takes a little trial and error, at least for me.
Richard
--------------------------
Richard Morrison, Architect-Interior Designer
AC26 (since AC6.0), Win10
Raywill
Participant
Thanks Richard,

I had a play within the Renovation Filters and was able to achieves the affect I was looking for.
AC19, 20 & 21 Win10 64 bit
Intel Core i7 - 6850K
2 x Nvidia GTX Titan Black - SLI
2 x 16 GB DDR4
2 x 24" Asus Monitors