BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can't view model in 3D

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know what you're thinking, this has been answered before...(can't view model in 3D because camera is not facing model, place a new camera, problem solved) ...but this is a little different.

I CAN see my model in Perspective mode 3D, but not in Axonometric.

I have tried viewing the entire model, viewing selected walls, I have tried thin marquees, fat marquees, fat marquees with objects selected, in OpenGL Options setting "always display all elements within the following radius:" everything from 0 to Large (although this should only effect perspective anyway, as axonometric has no viewing distance), Select All in 3D window (nothing), wireframe mode, shaded mode, Internal engine and OpenGL. I have tried preset axo modes, (Top, Side, Iso, frontal axo etc) and orbit. Zoom extents = Nothing.

Has anyone else come across this? Any tricks or settings I may have missed?

One point to consider is this model was originally built in AC9 (maybe even 8.1) but we have others similar in the office that do not do this.

Stumped.

Happy birthday to me.
19 REPLIES 19
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
s2art wrote:
I know what you're thinking....
s2art wrote:
Happy birthday to me.
You obviously haven't been a good boy!

Can you Ctrl+A to select anything? Is it possible you have something else a few megametres away which is making the viewable elements microscopic dots?

[I know you don't need to be told to be in the arrow tool then check the Info Box...]

I'll have a beer for you. Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Link. Hope that beer was cold. Damn it's hot (and muggy) here at the moment.

Tried CTRL-A (even Apple-A ), got nothing. Nothing selected. Nothing in Info box. Even if I select a single wall nothing shows in axo view when I zoom extents. Perspective view is fine.

AAArrrggghhh!
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
Yes beer was indeed very cold - I can almost guarantee that it was hotter and muggier here!

This must be a very frustrating problem indeed. Does it give you any kind of error report? Have you tried to copy paste any part of the model into a new project?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
No error report, just absence of anything in 3D window.

3D window screenshot (perspective) attached. (Multi storey marquee used)
Anonymous
Not applicable
3D window screenshot (axo mode and zoom extents)

EDIT- Copy and Paste into another project displays fine in axo and persp.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I wonder if SEO's are somehow involved. Have you tried undoing them? Nevertheless, it is definitely buggy. At least you can move it into a new project file if all else fails.

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
I think the original project this was copied from used roof trimming as opposed to SEO (I am slowly bringing them around here). I seriously hope I don't have to copy everything to a new file as the documentation is a long way down the track, and all the extraneous 2D info and views, as well as layouts etc would take a while to track down and merge / re-setup. Don't want to go there.
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
No, I don't blame you!

Have you tried a forward merge?

Cheers,
Link.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Further progress...

Pretty sure before when I selected the Selection Arrow tool, and "Select All" ( Apple-A), nothing was selected. Now things appear to be selected (189 items total, 144 walls, 3 slabs, 8 roofs etc) but zoom to selection or zoom extents have no effect. The Edit selections button is greyed out too . And looking again at the 3D projections settings dialogue, there is no "house" to indicate the model in axo views (see image). This is suggesting to me that there may be something far away (or at a very high or very low elevation) but i can't find it. And why this strange phenomena would happen even if only a single item is selected to show in 3D window, I don't know.

Curiouser and curiouser.
Picture 5.jpg
Learn and get certified!