Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Can you set the Open GL to monochromatic?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I work a lot with Artlantis and when I export to Artanctis I find I have to remove archiCAD textures first. Because of that I normally end up with my ArchiCAD model looking like a rainbow of color, as each color is a place holder for artlantis. this can make my model look a little crazy when in the 3D view. So I'm wondering, is there a setting to turn my Open gl into a black and white sorta gray scale setting
2 REPLIES 2
Karl Griffith
Booster
I work between Artlantis and ArchiCAD as well, and like you I use Artlantis textures in Artlantis. But I leave the ArchiCAD textures alone, as they are good for preliminary visualization in ArchiCAD. I remove them in Artlantis on first exporting, then, when updating the model file from ArchiCAD to Artlantis, I use the original file as a reference file for all textures and other settings, and have ArchiCAD just export the geometry. See attached.
ArchiCAD 22

Win 10
NCornia
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Neil wrote:
...is there a setting to turn my Open gl into a black and white sorta gray scale setting
Graphic Overrides, introduced in ARCHICAD 20, can be used to set a uniform white surface on your model. In the default AC20 USA Templates there is a G.O. combination called "White Model" just for this occasion. If your file does not have the "White Model" combination you may open one of the default AC20 templates and export it. Then open your file and import it.

-
-

Best regards,
Nicholas Cornia
Technical Support Team - GRAPHISOFT North America
ARCHICAD on Twitter
Tutorials
GRAPHISOFT Help Center