cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Change more objects migrating dimensions

Mario Sacco
Expert
If a change a selected object with another object pressing alt+cmd then new object will have the dimension of the old object. The parameters compatible migrate from the old to the new.

It doesn't happen with multi selection objects. The new objects will have the parameters of the latest selected object.

I need the all the new objects will have migrated all the parameters compatible of the old objects selection.

Example: I have different one leaf doors of a whole building with different width and hight and I want to change them with one operation in two leaf doors without losing the original single width and high dimensions.

Is there a key combination to make that?
MacBook M1 Max 64GB- OS X 12.2.1 - Archicad 27
https://www.archiradar.it/en/
1 REPLY 1
Barry Kelly
As you said the 'ALT+ CMD' will transfer all compatible parameters to your new object that you select in the object settings dialogue or to one existing object that you click on in your model.

If you only want to change certain parameters of multiple objects (they can be all different sizes) in your model then you just select the ones you need and manually change just the parameters that you want.
All other parameters will be unaffected (i.e. the sizes will not change)

If it is not a parameter that you need to change - but you need to swap to an entirely new object then unfortunately you will need to do this one by one - or in selected groups where all of the parameters of the selected objects are identical.

It is not possible to swap all at once multiple objects with different parameter settings to a new object and still keep those different settings.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11