Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Check for Updates not working

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just tried the Check for Updates feature on the Help menu. Unfortunatly, I get an error message, "This Page Cannot be Displayed" when I select Check for Updates on the Help Menu. Is this a temporary problem? Is there another way to update ArchiCAD 9?
Thanks,
John
10 REPLIES 10
Greg Kmethy
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
John,

What is the more detailed error message? The important info is always in the small text... I checked and believe that our site is working properly.

Greg
Gergely Kmethy
VP, Customer Success, Graphisoft
Anonymous
Not applicable
John

I had this problem yesterday too, I got sidetracked , did something else and when I came bback it had finally loaded. weird.
Anonymous
Not applicable
gkmethy wrote:
John,

What is the more detailed error message? The important info is always in the small text... I checked and believe that our site is working properly.

Greg
Greg,
I've pasted a screen shot of the error message below. The URL for that page is:
http://com.hq.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/update.html?_submitted=1&version=9&lang=USA&...
Thank you,
John
error message.jpg
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
John,
here is your right link, http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/update.html?_submitted=1&version=9&lang=USA&build=1746&platform=Win&type=FULL

Seems as though some one has written in the wrong url in the us version.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Architect and CTO at BIMobject®
Get your BIM objects from bimobject.com
My US version has the right link. It tells me I have Build 1965.

The URL Ben supplied points me to a previous build.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-5060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ben wrote:
John,
here is your right link, http://www.graphisoft.com/support/archicad/downloads/update.html?_submitted=1&version=9&lang=USA&build=1746&platform=Win&type=FULL

Seems as though some one has written in the wrong url in the us version.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben,
What about Addin such as Archistair? Will I need to reinstall these Add-Ins?
Will this change the URL in the Help menu or do I need to check with you for future updates?
Thanks,
John
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
John,
You will not need to reinstall your other add-ons like ArchiStair. The updater updates ArchiCAD/Plotmaker only.

For your other question, I'm not sure to be totally honest with you. Hopefully the update will fix the URL problem.

Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell
Anonymous
Not applicable
The updater did not seem to be able to find ArchiCAD. I browsed to:
C:/Program Files/Graphisoft/ArchiCAD 9 where ArchiCAD.exe lives but the updater did not seem to work.
What can I do to update ArchiCAD 9:?:
Thanks,
John
Ben Odonnell
Contributor
John,
Have you installed ArchiCAD some were else? May be on another partition, e.g D:\ ?

Basically all the updater is saying is that it can't find an ArchiCAD to update.

HTH.
Cheers.
Ben
Ben O'Donnell