Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Church Steeples

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all, how can I draw this church steeple, without using GDL, of course.
I trying Mesh to Roof, but I can't define the curves, is too complicated.
I have Archicad 13.
Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks in advance.

Church.JPG
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello All,

I'd like to see if I could get Dwight to further explain his detail for the Church steeple condition.

I am in the process of designing a house that will incorporate various types of roofs typically found on chateau's throughout France. Primarily I'd like to figure out how to model a roof found on typical turrets within those designs. I'd also like to figure out just how to design a " flared roof" condition (similarly found within early Second Empire architecture/ Chateauseque).

I absolutely am mesmerized with Archicad's capabilities and have just recently started getting prepared to convert to Archicad 100%. I could use as much help as possible, and look forward to hearing from anyone with suggestions. Dwight, I have purchased a few of your books and am eagerly reading away, and have read over Eric Bobrow's post (previous), however am still a bit confused.

Thank you.

Cheers
Dwight
Newcomer
You need to combine two tools:

Complex Profile, and Magic Wand.

For your steeple, define the profile with a fill in the Complex Profile tool.

Set the wall tool to use this profile.

In Archicad, the easiest way to make a symmetric, multi-sided shape is with the magic wand in a circle.

Draw a circle to the diameter required. Set the magic wand to the number of linear segments required.
Magic Wand the wall to the circle and, VIOLA, there's the dome.

Go play.
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you very much Dwight!

I've been able to get everything corrected, except the magic wand to the wall condition.

I'm not quite sure if I need/ will be able to go this within the complex profile menu or within the archicad drawing space?

Once I'm able to create this image, I should be able to pick this within my Wall tool complex profile...I believe I'm correct in making that assumption?

Once I create the profile, do I save it and then try to create the correct diameter of my space/ wall tool within the archicad floor plan?

I'm really sorry for bombarding you with questions, I'm feel that I'm a step or too confused and almost there.

Thanks again for taking time to discuss this with me.

Antman
Dwight
Newcomer
You draw the walls in the floor plan space.

Why don't you take a few seconds to experiment instead of posting questions?
Dwight Atkinson
Anonymous
Not applicable
thanks again. Did ' play ' and experiment and as I mentioned was almost there minus a few steps. I'm posting questions to find answers; I assumed that this was one of the purposes of these posts. I've read quite a few and it seems many individuals have posted multiple questions, because they're quite unsure just how to go about in creating either simple/ complex models. Mine is a complex model, which seems to require a complex solution.

Once again thanks for the advice, and I"ll give it another shot.

cheers mate.