cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Starting August 6, 2024, TLS 1.2 will be the minimum required protocol version for Graphisoft products and services that require an online connection. Learn more…
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Constant updating elevations ad nauseum

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where can I turn off the constant updating in the elevations, 3d views, etc. All I am doing today is waiting on ArchiCAD 14 to generate, regenerate, check it's generating, backuup it's generatiion then regenerate again.

Just about ready to return 14, and return to 13. It was fast, accurate, and didn't have this waiting for ArchiCAD every time anything was done.
Have spent an hour out the last two waiting for AC14, so don't remember what task was intended in this endeavor..
3 REPLIES 3
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
There in lies the rub...

You can have your ELEVATIONS / Sections / Interiors all LINKED to the model, but you have to pay the price in WAITING and WAITING and Waiting...

Some things to try...

I presume you are waiting in the LAYOUT portion everytime you turn a page... Try setting all your linked elevs (etc.) to MANUAL UPDATE... Obviously, this has some drawbacks as now you must MANUALLY update to to be sure you're looking at the latest version.

You can go OLD SCHOOL and set them all to DRAWING... but that's even further removed. You'd have to go back to the elevation and manually REBUILD FROM MODEL with its inherent drawbacks.

I just worked on a 15,000sf residence where EVERY ROOM had 4 interior elevations and at least one 3d Document. Thank goodness it was a contemporary...

I am used to setting most things to drawing, more because I need to embellish the graphics, but also to keep regen times down... The 3d documents don't have this option.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
Anonymous
Not applicable
I am noticing that when I go to Document/layers/condoc/floor plan, nothing happens. The layer doesn't change and the floor plan doesn't show up. Have to go to documents/layer settings, then go to condoc/floor plan, to get it to change.

Needless to say, this is really slowing me down. I am starting to think is is the new AC14 MT that has some problems.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Is this the "Update Autorebuild Model viewpoints continuously" setting? In AC 11 this is found in Options> Project Preferences> Miscellaneous but may well have moved. Turn it OFF