Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Constructing Curved & Inclined Wall & Associating Window

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am learning ArchiCAD at the moment and working on a project.

I am trying to curve & incline a wall around a fairly tight curve that has a larger footprint on the ground compared to the curve that meets the roof.

I haven't managed to do this and have got stuck. My next step is to insert a window associated to this wall.

The closest I have got is an odd upside down half cone shape with a point on the top end of it.

(Also having trouble opening the interactive training guide at the moment)

Can anyone help me with this please

Matt

(please see attachment)

Project Example.jpg
12 REPLIES 12
Ralph Wessel
Mentor
Matthew wrote:
I have managed to inclined curved walls of a larger radius but on this smaller radius I haven't been able to.
The other thing is that the wall starts at 67 degrees on one side and as it comes around the other side it straightens up until it is vertical.
You could tackle this problem with OBJECTiVE. Refer to the attached image. The conical 'wall' can be constructed as a single curved, twisted object (1) - it took about 10 seconds to set that up.

You can use SEOs to punch openings into the object, or you can use OBJECTiVE's Split tool to cut the object into sold and glazed segments (2).

You can see the results in 3D (3) and rendered (4). The features for twisting objects are still in testing, but contact me if you would like to give it a try.
Ralph Wessel BArch
Software Engineer Speckle Systems
Erika Epstein
Booster
Yes, it is so much easier with objective!
Erika
Architect, Consultant
MacBook Pro Retina, 15-inch Yosemite 2.8 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Mac OSX 10.11.1
AC5-18
Onuma System

"Implementing Successful Building Information Modeling"
Anonymous
Not applicable
Erika,

Thanks very much for your help & taking the time to set those instructions out for me, I really appreciate it!

Will have a go at it soon!

Matt

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!