Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Creating sumthing similar to Vorosmarty Budapest Glazing

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi
I'm currently trying to work out how to do something similar from the Glazing used on the Vorosmarty Budapest building (an example of ArchiCAD's). Its the curved sections towards the top that I am trying to achieve however I realise it isn't that all plane sailing!!!
I would be really grateful if anyone could help as it's proving to be quite a headache.

To give an idea I've knocked up something of a visual in sketchup to show what I'm aiming for.

Thanks Very Much!

Curtain Wall Shape.jpg
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
The curves at the top can be done with profiled walls. Use long sections for the glazing and horizontal mullions and very short ones for the vertical (curved) mullions.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks very much for the quick response! When you mention wall profiling would this involve the profile manager?

Please excuse the basic question just I've only been using this for a small amount of time and am still getting my head around the functions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. Draw the cross sections you want i the Profile Manager. Using the wall tool will allow you to do the radiused corners.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Just to say thanks very much for your help Matthew! I've used the complex profiling and its perfect to whats needed so Cheers for that!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Glad it worked. Share some pictures if you get a chance.

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!