Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Deleting unwanted fonts from pull-downs

Bill
Contributor
I counted over 400 fonts shown in the pull-down for a font... is there a way to control which fonts Archicad uses/accesses?

I literally only use two fonts in my projects and would love to be able to eliminate the other 389...

Thanks!

Bill
Bill Szustak RA

Principal, Springboard Design

ArchiCAD 25, macOS Ventura 13.4.1
1 REPLY 1
Karl Ottenstein

ArchiCAD, like other apps, makes all OS fonts available. You'd have to use a font manager app to unload rarely used fonts from your system.

Alternatives are to create Favorites for all tools that involve text and set up the desired font/size for each.

Yet another alternative is to use the eyedropper tool to 'pick up' the settings of any placed text-related element to continue placing more just like it.

Related to this last eyedropper technique is the idea of 'visual favorites' - where you might create an independent Worksheet containing all of your possible / acceptable text elements. (Text tool, label tool, dimensions, etc.)

You can make this Worksheet your trace reference, and eyedropper elements on this reference layer ... or you can temporarily switch to the worksheet to eyedropper the desired content.

Cheers,
Karl

One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.7, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB