Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Explode object like poliline.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi! I just bought archicad 14 gr version. I have a problem with exploding a specific object. I insert coordinates from txt file and appears a surface with all the points connected with lines. I want to erase some of these line as they are not needed and give a wrong plan. How can i explode this surface or these lines in order to delete some of them???
Otherwise if anyone knows a way of inserting automatically just points by inserting text with coordinates would be helpfull.
Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
David Maudlin
Rockstar
argiro_ce:

If you are trying to transform a library part (object, door, etc) into lines and fills, there is a command for that: Explode into Current View. If you are using the Standard Profile 14 Work Environment, then the command is under Edit > Reshape. The placed instance of the library part will be transformed into lines and fills that can be edited as any 2D element, but will have no connection to the 3D model, and cease to be a library part.

For more information with images, go to Help > ArchiCAD Help, when your browser opens click on the "Search" tab, and input "Explode into Current View" in the search box, in the results list "Explode into Current View" will lead to detailed information.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Thomas Holm
Booster
I don't know if this a new issue, but when I try to apply the Explode into Current view command on a polyline in AC 15 SWE 3602 full, OSX10.6.8, it doesn't work. (It works on Fills for example).

Could someone please confirm? Thanks!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Thomas:

It works if the Polyline includes a curved segment, but not if the Polyline is composed of only straight segments. Seems like a bug.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14
Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes. It is a bug. The only way for now is: edit/reshape/linework consolidation.
Bit tedious though.
Thomas Holm
Booster
Thanks! Off to bug report.
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi All,

yes, that's a known issue.
This article describes the workaround, too: http://www.archicadwiki.com/Bugs/CannotExplodePolyline
Katalin Takacs