Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Finding Midpoint in AC 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Has anyone noticed this? In the past I could align an object to the midpoint of a line (for example) by dragging the object and constraining and touching the mouse pointer over the line.

The midpoint mark would automatically show and I could then stop dragging. Now in AC 18, the midpoint mark doesn't show when touched, rather I have to touch the line first and then drag to the midpoint.

Not a big thing. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong?

thanks
9 REPLIES 9
Karl Ottenstein
Are you special snap options set to 'half'? See attached - one of 3 or so places where you can set this.

Works fine for me 18/Mac.
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl:

Checked the settings to be sure and it doesn't work at midpoints or thirds. If I put the cursor on the line first, the points will show-same thing with a wall or a slab.

Also the line with the arrow head at the origin won't show the arrow head-in for the single arrow head or double arrow head line.

Both of these behaviors happen on my old silver Mac Pro and the iMac.

thanks
Erich
Booster
I don't have an issue with the midpoint either. However, there does appear to be a bug with arrow heads showing on a line started at the origin.

If I draw a line without an arrow head starting at, or ending at, the origin and then change the line to have any arrow head (start, end, or both sides) the arrow heads are not added. The same line moved away from the origin works as expected. If that same line is then moved away from the origin and arrow head are added and then moved back to the origin it behaves as expected and arrow heads can be shown. Is this the same behavior you are seeing?
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Karl Ottenstein
I can't reproduce any of those issues... everything works fine for me. I even tried turning my 2D acceleration on high (I normally have it 'off') thinking that might be the issue, but still fine.

Can't think of why you'd be seeing the behavior you're seeing... unless it is because you both are on 10.8 and I'm on 10.9 ?
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.9, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Erich:

No matter what I do, the arrowhead will not show a the point of origin either for the single arrowhead or the double arrowhead. I can move the line or move it and move it back and it doesn't help. If I draw a line with no arrowhead and then add the arrowhead, it still doesn't help.

Bottom line is that I have to rotate the line to change the location of the arrowhead and am not able to make a double arrowhead not matter what I do (unless I construct one). It's only mildly irritating, but hopefully it will be resolved in the not too distant future
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Karl:

Not to get off topic, but while we are here, how has Mavericks been for you? Any problems at all? I'm always slow to update OS's

thanks,

Don
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Don. OT... Mavericks works great for me. GS has even posted an update to the AC 10 'file converter version' that works under Mavericks.

It would be good to have some other Mac users check your and Erich's observations to see if it is indeed an OS version issue. 18 is of course supposed to work fine with 10.8, so it would be a bug if that's the issue.
Erich
Booster
Opps, I am on 10.9.4 I just forgot to update my profile. So it is not an OS version issue. However, for kicks this morning, I opened a fresh file with a default AC 18 template (Residential) and had no issue at all. I went back into the former file which is an new AC 18 project but uses a highly customized WE and company template, thinking that some setting must be creating the problem, but it worked fine there too. A strange problem since it definitely did not work correctly the other day.

Don, I too have been very slow to update to the new OS, in fact I just did it last week. So far there haven't been any issues.
Erich

AC 19 6006 & AC 20
Mac OS 10.11.5
15" Retina MacBook Pro 2.6
27" iMac Retina 5K
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I am on Windows and all issues mentioned in this thread work fine for me.
So could this be a Mac issue? Or could this be a graphics driver issue?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27