BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Geometry Fixer Macro

jfa_ra
Contributor

It would be helpful to have a macro that could "regularize" objects to a defined grid increment.  No matter how judiciously a model is constructed, a mispositioned wall or other elements can create havoc in an otherwise orderly model.  For instance, if the reference line of walls. slab, roof, trim, etc, are all supposed to be on a defined grid, but are off by a small but annoying fractional amount, it would be helpful to select the group of elements and then pick "adjust to nearest grid point".

3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly

Are you aware of the 'Distribute' command?

If the first and last elements are in the correct position, you can select those and other elements in between.

Distribute will then spread them out evenly.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

That is an interesting concept. Exactly how would that approach work with elements such as multi-segment walls, polygonal slabs and roofs though?

For elements like walls and columns that you just want to distribute to an even spacing, it will be fine.

Note, they are not snapping to the grids - just being distributed equally.

BarryKelly_0-1685502337553.png

For irregular shape elements like slabs and roof, I don't think you would be distributing them.

More like aligning their edge to a grid?

But there is a 'special distribute' that allows you to pick a point on the bounding box of the elements, and then draw a line to represent the distribution length and position.

BarryKelly_1-1685502882338.png

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Learn and get certified!