BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

Guastavino Vault

Anonymous
Not applicable
How would I model a guastavino vault?
I know roughly how to create the simple barrel vaults, however I'd like to be able to create a kind of roof structure which curves down to the ground/columns.
Thanks.

12.DSC_1389.JPG
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Andro. Maybe in AC 16, those of GS will improve the capabilities of Shell Tool, to add new elements (including skylights) and create free modelling forms.
Barry Kelly
Emyl001 wrote:
Thanks Andro. Maybe in AC 16, those of GS will improve the capabilities of Shell Tool, to add new elements (including skylights) and create free modelling forms.
You can do exactly what Andro55 did using the rotated shell tool.
You don't need a fill for the profile though - just a single line.
Magic wand it with the "Rotated" (revolved) shell tool with "Detailed" geometry.
You will need to know the angle and centre of rotation but of course this can be adjusted at any time.
Free rotate the result in 3D.
You might be able to angle the ends with the pet palette option or use SEO's to square them as per Andro55's instructions or definea shell contour.
Seeing as it is still a shell then you can add skylights directly without having to cut holes.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Many thanks Barry. I don't have yet AC 15, neither AC 14, so I'm not familiar with the new Shell Tool. All I know about the shell, is what I saw on Youtube and graphisoft website (so almost nothing ).
Thanks again.

Regards,
Emil
Learn and get certified!