cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2024 Technology Preview Program

2024 Technology Preview Program:
Master powerful new features and shape the latest BIM-enabled innovations

Modeling
About Archicad's design tools, element connections, modeling concepts, etc.

How do i intersect/join two roof parts?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Is it posible to fix the joint between two roof parts so its not vissible in the elevation view and also in the perspective view? (wnat it to look like one piece)

Archi.jpg
2 REPLIES 2
Barry Kelly
Trimming the edge of each roof to the other with set the correct angle to the edge of the roof.
But seeing as you already have the ridge in the correct location selct the edge of the ridge and in the pet palette choose the custom angle option (last tool top-right of the pet palette).
Set the edge to be vertical and this should solve your problem.
Barry.
roof-edge.jpg
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
i7-10700 @ 2.9Ghz, 32GB ram, GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
David Maudlin
Rockstar
Dave555 wrote:
Is it posible to fix the joint between two roof parts so its not vissible in the elevation view and also in the perspective view? (wnat it to look like one piece)
If you are using a later version of ArchiCAD, this type of roof is modeled better with a single Multi-plane roof than 2 Single-plane roofs.

You should add a Signature to your Profile (click the Profile button near the top of this page) with your ArchiCAD version and operating system (see mine for an example) for more accurate help in this forum.

David
David Maudlin / Architect
www.davidmaudlin.com
Digital Architecture
AC27 USA • iMac 27" 4.0GHz Quad-core i7 OSX11 | 24 gb ram • MacBook Pro M3 Pro | 36 gb ram OSX14